Remembering all these dates...

Wheelerswife

Today is the 7th anniversary of our first phone conversation.  We met in person 3 weeks later.  Next week we would have been married 6 years.  He has been gone for over 3 years.  He made such an impact on my life...I can't even believe it was such a short time we were together.

I have too much time to think lately...I miss him, yet I am ready to move forward. 

Thanks for listening.

Maureen

Hearing you, and peace to you as you continue your life's journeys into the future. Not as planned, certainly, and through much sorrow, yet into the future and whatever promise it holds. As do we all, I suppose, whether kicking and screaming, or with acceptance from acknowledging that in the end, time can not and will not hold still. So, into the future we go.

Peace and even hopes of joy for your future!

Today is the 7th anniversary of our first phone conversation.  We met in person 3 weeks later.  Next week we would have been married 6 years.

I can relate to this, Maureen.

I feel like I'm wheeling through the liturgical seasons like a Catholic, with every week bringing a new excuse for commemoration. On Monday last week it was nineteen years to the day since my wife and I met. Next month will be the anniversary of our first trip to our favourite holiday spot, and then May will bring the anniversary of our first date. And so on.

The hardest part is facing the first anniversaries of all the things we did together for the last time. I lost her in November, and I can hardly believe that only a year ago we still had our blissful life together. It literally feels like a dream.

You're always such an inspiration Maureen, and now is no different- showing us that is okay to look forward to the future while still missing them. Know that you have so many of us silently standing behind you cheering you on as you go through the next door in your life!!