The bandaid got ripped off

Eddienhp

I am at 5-1/2 years. It has been a rather difficult time because I faced significant financial issues in the wake of my husband's death. I am still trying to rebuild adequate family income.

I had to go to an SSI hearing for my son. I had to recount all about my husband's business, assets, why my income is way lower, etc. The bottom line is I am torn in all directions. A child with special needs, single parenting two children, becoming a handyman for household repairs, working. I am exhausted. It's hard to get anything done. I am always behind. I am always struggling to take care of something before it gets to a crisis level. I was reminded of the life I once had. The life my kids and I should have had. The father they miss so very much.

The retelling of the ugly story has ripped the bandaid off. The wound is open. It's not protected anymore. Everything just adds more hurt, stress, fatigue, etc. I didn't expect this to have such a huge impact.

Ouch!!!!!

:'( Eileen

Big hugs to you Eileen. This is a hard journey, I can't lie about that.  You are doing an excellent job, I struggle so much with doing the handyman duties around the house.  It actually paralyzes me for some weird reason. 

A few weeks I was knocked totally down and it is taken awhile to recover.  Remember to give your self-compassion and to love yourself.