Another dimension

Wheelerswife

I imagine that many of you have Facebook accounts.  Every day, I have a list of posts in a category called "On this Day".  This was one of the posts that showed today:

July 7, 2011

Leaving the castle for the night....

Yeah.  That was a day in my life, a few months after our wedding, in what now feels like a different dimension altogether.  My second husband was a professor of geography, and he was teaching as a guest in a small international university that was housed in a castle in Italy.  Fortunately, I was able to travel with him and experience that little piece of the world with him that summer.

Sometimes, I ask myself, "Did that life really happen?  Was it all a dream?  A mirage?" 

Yes...it happened.  I am grateful for every minute of those few short years I had with him.  We made the most of it.  Yes we did. 

But with every memory, losing him still breaks my heart. 

Maureen

Yes, Maureen.  Completely understand.  Last family vacation was the 4th of July 6 yrs. ago.  I was with NG, new folks, new places, this 4th,  and I see on FB "on this day."  My LH had hacked my account ( I left my phone out) and made a post as me of  how awesome he was, our family was, and how blessed I was to have them.  Friends immediately responded that HE must have hacked me. He was a silly, goofy guy.  And then the barrage of pictures from that last big time together appeared.  I miss him and our life. 

I am waiting for when I hold on to my new life, AND it feels real.  (sigh)

Yesterday was the On This Day where DH announced to the world he had cancer. I knew it was coming, but wasn't sure exactly when until I fired up FB yesterday morning and was greeted with it.

It was so dignified, and so honest. I was so proud of him.

As Julester says, it's a total love/hate relationship. We were both extremely active on FB, and tagged each other in our posts a lot, so there's a lot of wonderful memories, and some tough ones.