Hi Hello

How is everyone? It's been a long time, yeah? I just hit five years this past Sunday and thought I would check in. I'm good. Kids are good. Life is pretty okay now. I still miss him but in a much different way.

I truly don't know what I would have done without you guys. Even though I'm not present the way I once was, I still think about all of you who were here for me and held me up and kept me going. Thank you doesn't seem like enough.

I hope everyone is well.

Guest TooSoon

I remember you from ywbb!  I remember reading your posts thinking I was never going to get to the point where you were!  Guess what?  Its still a struggle sometimes, but damn, you do get there eventually even though its a messy process.  Glad to hear things are going well!

Maybe your post will encourage some of the "oldsters" to post again and maybe even keep posting.  A fellow board member and I were just lamenting how inactive it is here and how important ywbb was for us at the beginning when it seemed like you could always go to it and someone would be talking about something - even just something inane.  Roll call anyone? 

Take care! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LB!

I hit 5 years yesterday. Like you, life is good. We're doing alright. It isn't horrible and most days are fine.

I still find that I lack joy. I can laugh and find humor in things - frequently do - but I don't think I've felt joy in 5 years. That makes me sad.

Glad you're well. I'm not on here very often either. I guess it is a good thing but I do miss just being among those who get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi littlebirdie! I'm so glad you check in with us, I've been wondering what the heck's been up with you. As for me, I passed my five years in June. I tried three times to write a post about it, but erased each one. Unfortunately, it's been a hard one for me- it came less than a month after my 20th (non)wedding anniversary.

In many ways my life is good right now, I've got no real complaints. Though, as it turns out, I am still dealing with some serious grief issues. But I'm finding I no longer want to write about it as much, I feel kinda mute on the subject most of the time.

Thank you right back for all the support you gave me in those early days.

Hi LB,  I remember you also from ywbb.  It's 6 1/2 years for me now and I still check in from time to time to read but don't post very often.  I am also guilty of typing a response and then deleting it - thinking what I have to say may not be of help to anyone.  I am glad to hear you are doing well.  Things really do get better as hard as that was to believe in the early days!