Celebrity Widow

KrypticKat

I swear as a wid you see everything humanity has to offer. I'm doing a play as a way to feel normal once in a while. It's something I did all the time before my husband died. I decided this was going to be the one place I didn't tell anyone my sad story. So that can be an escape once in a while. I'm sure all of us can appreciate the need for that. The stage manager did know about my story because she's an old friend of mine and I've made it very clear to her and the rest of the directing team that I didn't want this information shared with people. If I chose to share it then it would be my choice but for the most part I wanted to keep it out. No here's where it gets weird. The lead actress in my show has been going around telling everybody that I had a heart-to-heart with her and told her about my story. Her and I have had all of two discussions. One was about how what we were going to drink on the weekend and the other was about how to do a British accent. I've never told anybody on the cast and I trust my friend so I don't know how she found out but now she's dragging my personal stuff out there on Centre stage. The exact place I didn't want it to be. It's as if she's getting off on some imaginary relationship we must have. Kind of sick.

Hi -

I'm one of those people who have been away from the boards for a while. I think you joined us while I was away. I'm sorry you lost your husband, but I'm glad you're here.

I'm doing a play as a way to feel normal once in a while. It's something I did all the time before my husband died.  I decided this was going to be the one place I didn't tell anyone my sad story. So that can be an escape once in a while.

I pretty much did this, too, after the first year - how long has it been for you?

The big difference was, I went back to the club where my wife, Catherine, and I met. Most of the people there already knew my story; many of them had come to her wake and funeral. Like you, though, I hesitated to mention her death to anyone who was new to the club.

The lead actress in my show has been going around telling everybody that I had a heart-to-heart with her and told her about my story. Her and I have had all of two discussions. One was about how what we were going to drink on the weekend and the other was about how to do a British accent. I've never told anybody on the cast and I trust my friend so I don't know how she found out but now she's dragging my personal stuff out there on Centre stage. The exact place I didn't want it to be. It's as if she's getting off on some imaginary relationship we must have. Kind of sick.

Wow, that does seem lousy. It makes me wonder whether she's so desperate for attention that she can't stop and think about other people. And, I agree, that is rather sick behavior.

Now that this happened, how is everyone else behaving towards you? I hope they're being more considerate that she was.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

That's awful, KK, some folks blow my mind. My instinct would say "cut her off", but you're old friends. Some people need the benefit of the doubt, though, when they're so self involved they are actually unaware of what they're doing. Can you call her out? I've done that before (in different situations) and actually seen the light come on in their face. Good luck

Hey @Adley. Just to clarify it's not the friend that's doing this. It's the lead actress who's a total stranger to me. I've never worked with her before. The friend who's working backstage has actually been very tight-lipped as she promised she would be and when I told the friend about it she was appalled and couldn't understand how she found out either. It's all very bizarre and disturbing. I will happily cut her out after the show but I have to work with her on this and I'm not going to quit just because someone's being an idiot. I will however be putting in her place and making her aware that my business is my business and she needs to stay out of it or she'll be facing my wid wrath. 🙄

Ugh. Update. Rehearsal tonight and I swear to God I've fallen into some sort of teen movie and the Mean Girls are chatting in the corner about me. She's going around trying to pry information out of people and I had to go out of my way to ask my friends who do know a little bit more about what's going on with me to respectively play dumb because again it's none of her f****** business. As a result she's chittering away with her little friend and actually talking about me five feet away from me. This is ridiculous. I am actually raging. But I don't want to feed into it because guess what? I'm an adult. But I am going to lose my s*** on this chick eventually if she doesn't quit it. Why do people think they have a right to your information? Why do they think because you've been through a tragedy then you have to become their personal spectacle? Why are people so interested in other people's laundry when they can't even learn to clean up their own? People just need to learn to give people the respect they deserve and mind their own f****** business. Ready to break something right now. 😲😠😩

Ready to break something right now. 😲😠😩

someone on here once recommended throwing ice cubes against an outside wall or tree- the satisfaction of breaking something without the messy clean up. Sounds like you could use some of that ice therapy- or perhaps invest in a punching bag...