NG's birthday

trying2breathe

I"m stressing about NG's upcoming birthday.  We've made weekend plans to be away and have reservations at a nice restaurant.  We're not into significant gift giving, we've both talked about how we don't really have a need for more stuff.  Yet a simple birthday card doesn't seem like enough.  I'm looking for ideas - what have you all done for birthdays with your new relationships?

Oh, trying2, your post made me smile as I am already ramping up for Christmas! Does NG have hobbies? You might consider a small token related to one of those. You might make him a coupon book ... if you all are really early on, include things like 'One ticket to watching your favorite sport on television,' or 'One ticket for cooking your favorite meal' -- ordinary but touching things that make spending time together fun. If you are a bit further along, include maybe back massage or something more  :-* I did that last Christmas and it went over pretty well.

I usually just buy NG clothes. He never buys himself new clothes. So he usually gets a couple Harley shirts, some jeans, new socks. Not very romantic, but he really appreciates it. He never has money to spend on that kind of stuff.

Also for his last birthday he hinted at going to a country music concert, so I got tickets to the concert and we did that also.

Food is always a way to a man's heart.  Bake his favorite cookies, make his favorite meal.  We like the whole "experience" as a gift. Today is current DHs birthday and I got tickets to the Rangers with an overnight in NYC for him.  Tonight I made the dinner of choice.  For my birthday he got me tickets to Billy Joel with an overnight in the city.  Time together is very precious to us.

Also a hand written love note in the store bought card is something we both do!

Thank you, arneal!  We leave this afternoon, I'm looking forward to a good getaway for us.  I ended up booking him a massage at the spa where we're staying, he's worked really hard lately and I think that he'll enjoy it.  As I was booking it, it was suggested that I make it a couples massage  :D  maybe another time, this one will be all about him.

Hope that everybody has a good weekend!

edited to add that it was hard to find an appropriate birthday card for him!  Not too mushy but yet still romantic - there's not a lot out there!

So birthday weekend away went very well, the gift of a massage was a hit and he did ask if I'd join him but I resisted and I think that he appreciated that.  He mentioned several times how much he loved celebrating his birthday this way, I'm glad that we were able to get away together.