He is in love...

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

Been dating about 2 months. love doesn't look like what you think it will. He doesn't look like what I thought he would. He tells me I'm beautiful all the time. Tells me that I don't know how beautiful I am.  He pays attention to me. He hangs on every word. He tells me that love songs make him think of me. He wants to spend his life with me. He loves me. And if you think of love as an action word; he really does love me. I've never been so well taken care of. I've never felt so loved. I could only have hoped for a man who would take care of me to this extent.

And I know you are wondering. Where do I stand?

Last night, we were hugging and I could feel a heart beating. I couldn't tell if it was mine or his. And I felt very comfortable feeling my heart beat with his. I feel very safe with him. My heart would break if he walked away. Love is powerful stuff. I have learned that I can't control who my heart loves.

Fortunately, I found a very good dude to fall in love with. He tells me he is afraid of what he feels for me. He's in love. For him, it happened upon our first meet. I'm a little bit tougher. It was that Valentine's date. Awesome, romantic date.

Now, I watch him move and love every second of it. Seeing him smile makes my heart melt. It lb rings me happiness when he smiles. He's so handsome. I am a happy person by nature but being with him makes me happier. He says that being with me makes him feel complete. When I'm not around, he feels like a piece of a puzzle is missing.

So, you tell me.... Is it real?

I would say that I am better for having loved him and letting him into my life and heart. No doubt.

So, you tell me.... Is it real?

No one can really answer this for you.

After what we've been through, it's normal to question new love, and questioning is not a bad thing. It helps us make decisions about what is best for us.

I think maybe the better question is not "is this love real" but "is this the kind of love we can build on" - if that is what you are looking for.

But there is no hurry. Enjoy your happiness.

Guest Mel4072

Hey TooSoon,

My dude over thinks. He thinks I am out of his league. He thinks my kids will never like him. He thinks that I deserve somebody better. He has told me all of these things. Sadly, he has believed every one of them and I've talked him off the ledge. It's kind of a nice place to be, to reassure somebody that they have everything you need and mean it.

I am enjoying this.

Mel,

I agree with Anniegirl; We can't tell you if it's love or not.  That has to come from your heart and his.  But every time you have posted about a man you're seeing, you tell us how in love he is with you and how he can't live without you, but you never feel the same way.  Now, it sounds like you do, so maybe you have your answer.  Congrats!

I will be honest..(which tends to get me in trouble).he sounds sweet and attentive but insecure.

It's flattering in the beginning the "You are out of my league stuff" then insecurity and jealously creeps in slowly.

He may indeed be the "one" or not. Just enjoy and see what happens.

I just personally don't like insecure men...it makes me uncomfortable. But some people it works for.

I agree, just enjoy it and see where things go.  Those head over heels feelings are intoxicating and should be savored. Be careful of too much future thinking in these early days (easier said than done!) and enjoy discovering more and more about each other.

Guest Mel4072

Yes. I need to stay grounded. I have a kid. It is nice that something can make my heart feel this way. I'm a better person, happier. People are commenting on it. Telling me that I'm smiling again. Wth? I smile a lot. But "this" has given my heart a sense of peace. Trying to not be impatient.