Peep Peep!

Wheelerswife

Here's some seasonal trivia for ya - You know which celebrity got voted as "looks most like a peep"???

While you think on that - do I recall you saying you are spending the day writing a paper?  Hope it goes well.  I have committed to getting my unruly paperwork under control.  I am not sure who will be having more fun ;)

Answer - Ellen Degeneres.  I know, so true it just makes your day, no?  LOL  Wishing you a great day.

Guest TooSoon

Shhhhhh, don't tell M but there is a Peep hunt here this afternoon in the birthplace of the Peep.  But I simply cannot abide any more candy when we still have Greek Easter next weekend.....

Guest TooSoon

Sugar coated neon marshmallow chicks; made in Bethlehem, PA and quite a phenomenon (and not just at Easter)!  We are proud of our Peeps!

Marshmallow-PEEPS.jpg.9ba9c98483d3b527543a498d2c09a42d.jpg

Guest TooSoon

Every New Years Eve, we go to the legendary "Peep Drop," a giant light up fiberglass peep (in the manner of the ball in Times Square but so much weirder)  is dropped from the stacks of the former Bethlehem Steel Plant.  They have peeps to roast over fire pits, a Leaning Tower of Peep-sa building contest, rides in the Peep-mobile (yes, a car shaped like a giant yellow Peep) etc.  We do not mess around in these parts when it comes to Peeps. 

What happens to a Peep in the microwave?  I still have some somewhere from some other holiday.  I might need to experiment.

I just got home from errands etc.  I went to a clinic where they were giving out FREE chocolate covered peeps!  I couldn't resist - it's mostly air, right?  On my way out the door, the lady strong-armed me into taking a second one.  I wasn't wearing my glasses...

Got home and put my glasses on - that was a nice 220 calorie free lunch there!  Who knew a peep covered in the best substance on the planet could also provide so many healthy calories???  I am adjusting my eating plan accordingly for the rest of the day, lest fitbit yell at me LOL

BTW - they were DELICIOUS.  Glad I didn't know they came in chocolate covered until the day after easter...

They're best when you open the package and let them get a little bit stale.

I actually survived the whole Easter weekend with nary a Peep.  We somehow just didn't buy any Easter candy.  Thanks to other people, I had one jelly bean, 4 egg-shaped malted milk balls, and a slice of coconut bunny cake.  Now I'm craving Peeps.

Guest TooSoon

Clearly, you need to attend the 2015 Peep fest on NYE.  You don't have to like them to embrace Peepfulness.