Celebrating his birthday

Virgo

My daughters and I choose to celebrate his birthday and not to acknowledge his death date. He died one week after his birthday. The 28th would have been his 45th birthday. I wanted to do something special for my girls so I ordered them rings with his birthstone. I'm going to have them engraved, but I'm trying to decide what to have engraved. Maybe his nicknames for them and his birthday? His initials, their initials, and his birthday? I don't know. I'm excited though. They of course just think we're going out for dinner. We usually go to one of his favorite restaurants. I also donate blood around his birthday. My middle daughter started donating with me.

What do you do for your spouse's birthday?

We usually go to a restaurant he loved. ❤️  He celebrated a week!  So a little less celebratory. 

I send his mother flowers as I believe as a mother that is probably the most important day in her life.  ❤️

• Like 1

We always stop by the cemetery and place flowers. We thengo to one of his favorite restaurants, we watch some of his favorite movies, we get ice cream because he loved ice cream, and if his birthday falls on a weekend, I invite his friends over and we have a game night in his honor. 

• Like 1