Forum Outage

Lewis

Hi Everyone, I want to apologize for the forum outage. I was doing some ground work for moving to a new server and was bit in the butt by bad advise from someone at GoDaddy. I made a change on the new server that took down the current server and did not realize the problem until I was in my car driving home and started receiving messages that the site was down. UGH!

After calling GoDaddy support again, I was informed that returning the changes to the original settings could take up to 48 hours to take effect. I realize that would be a worst case scenario, but was frustrated with the seemingly fast take-down of the current site. Anyhow, the option to just switch to the new server was entertained since the Internet was already pointing to the new server.  I did some testing and found that it was too soon to make the switch and made the changes to enable the original server. Then it was a waiting game for the site to be back up.

Looking forward, we will need to switch to the new server at some point in the next month or two. This planned switch will be broadcast to everyone before it happens and I will enable the new server overnight so it will affect as few people as possible.

Once again, I am sorry for the outage.

Lewis

Thank you for getting back up and running as quickly as could be done. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. This is a big undertaking and I , for one, am very pleased with how well this site is put together and running. This is just a little blip in the big scheme of things and thank you for all of your hard work! You all ROCK!

Huge hugs, Cyndi

Great work Lewis. I was pinging needing my fix of sanity! You all (Jess and the entire team) are doing a great job providing this forum to us; don't know how I would be able to function in society without it.

Wiping sweat from my brow now!  :o

Thanks again brother!

V/r

Boris