Beyond Active Grieving

Mac

This morning while taking my shower, I was remembering that last day that DW was on this earth. She was in the hospital, but her passing was quite unexpected. This June will = three years.

It?s amazing to think of all of the changes during this time. It is hard to remember exactly when the different changes took place.

I don?t talk about being widowed as much anymore. My DW isn?t necessarily as much a part of a given conversation that I?m having or story that I am telling. My children and I tend to talk more about the present and the future, not as much about the past.

There?s not much unknown about this whole new world of dating, compared to when I first started this journey. I was married for 28 years. It is unknown if I will ever meet someone to have a multi-year relationship with. But I have found that it is easy to meet women. I feel comfortable with and confident about the whole experience. It does take some practice.

So what a difference time and experience make. I feel grateful for much and hope that life will continue to be as kind to me. Wishing the best for all of us here, I?m glad that we have each other.

Mac -Changes, changes, changes....and yes time and experience do make a difference in this journey, three years crawls by in the blink of the eye, do you know what I mean?  I too am so glad we all have one another,  I have often said I hate that I had to meet you all but so grateful I did.