If you're going to Walmart, file a disaster plan

Carey

These things only happen to ME.  Yesterday, I had to go to Walmart right after work to get a few things for a birthday dinner for a friend that I was already running behind schedule for.  I walked in the store, got my cart and stood there just a second to arrange my purse, find my list, put my keys away .... next thing I know I'm shoved onto the ground by an employee pushing a line of 30-40 carts as hard as he could directly into me :(    Can I just say OWWWW?  Twisted my knee and now sitting here at work today everything seems to be stiffening up .. neck, hip, knee ... you name it.  At first I wasn't going to complain , but the guy didn't even so much as walk over and say sorry, or ask if he could help me get up or anything.  I even looked him in the eye and told him how much it hurt and he turned around fast so I couldn't see his nametag on his lanyard and went barreling back out to the parking lot! I ended up telling a manager and filling out a form, but I really don't know what, if anything, to do now.  I should start playing the lottery and use my powers for good not evil lol

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry that happened!  I remember when I was a teenager and doing cart duty at the grocery store where I worked, I couldn't handle more than 5 or so carts at once.  30 carts??  Ouch sounds like quite an understatement!

I'm glad you reported it right away.  That company has more money than god, so hopefully they will end up on the hook if you end up needing any medical attention or anything down the line.  They're a freaking grocery store/pharmacy - the least they could have done was offer you a free icepack and bottle of pain relievers!!

Follow up with the manager and find out how they want you to handle a visit with a doctor to make sure nothing else was hurt.  They may have a physician you see or they may reimburse you for seeing your own.  Since the injuries happened under their roof at the hands of their employee, they are responsible and you should be checked out by a physician. 

I sliced my foot open with a cart from Walmart (wearing flip-flops)  They were all over me trying to help and offer assistance, medical attention etc.  They would much rather deal with it now than a law suit later. 

They do have cameras. I spoke with someone at their insurance who said they were going to pull the video and they took a statement. She basically said, get seen, get treated and we will think about paying you back. They don't pay providers directly. I finally caved this morning and made an Ortho apt because the knee has been getting progressively worse. Now it "goes out" with blinding sharp pain periodically.  My copay is $70 :(  But my boss said she'd pay it cause she wants me seen, but they cant do it till Monday. I'm overweight, I know I'm not a candidate for surgery. I have no idea what they can do to help me. It sucks that I was simply minding my own business and this got added on top of all the other crap.