I may get to meet his son...

In Blaine's 20's he had a child, he and his girlfriend gave their son up for adoption. When his son would have been turning 18, Blaine decided to get clean and start a new life. He hoped that his son would come looking for him. The day of Blaine's funeral my SOOL and I found Blaine's son on FB...

A few months ago my MOOL for up the nerve to call him. Spencer was sobbing he was so excited that he was found by his father's family. My MOOL did not tell him that Blaine had been killed.

Last night the house phone rang and it was Spencer's adoptive mother. Blaine's mom and her talked for a while and my MOOL had to break the news that Blaine had been killed...

My poor MOOL sobbed all night.. She was finally able to have a relationship with her only grandson, but it took losing her oldest child to do so.

How I wish I could reverse time and found Spencer when Blaine was still alive. All of this has sent us all back down the grief hole. It's insane how something so amazing like being reunited with family can be so utterly heartbreaking .

So many hugs... I can't imagine the tangle of conflicting emotions. Mostly I'm glad to hear that there's a piece of Blaine left in the world... does that make sense? (((((HUGS)))))

Oh JS, I can only imagine the bittersweet nature of your situation. The timing of how things happen in our lives is completely out of our range of understanding at times. I hope you will get the opportunity to meet B's son - to have that connection for you, B's family, and also for B's son.

Tight  hugs to you...