Eye troughs?! Looking old

gracelet

I'm hosting my glamorous Tatler featured celeb Aunty from Malaysia this weekend. We've been having a great time but some of her life and the people she mixes with are so superficial. They have no idea what heartache is. They don't give a shit about social inequality, that the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger and bigger in the UK, or seem to think that investing their taxes back into the health service is worth it. It makes me sick that they are so extravagant with money. Who the fuck comes to lunch dripping in DIAMONDS?! Jeez. Aaaanyway. Just ranting with a glass of wine.

She loves me dearly and she means well but my aunt has just told me that when I next go to visit malaysia (where she lives), I should get my 'eye troughs' sorted out by a cosmetic surgeon. Jeez. I'm only 28! I didn't realise widowhood had aged me so much. I guess all that crying and dabbing at eyes with tissues takes its toll. Surely the is another solution?!?! I was proud of the fact that although sometimes I feel like shit, I look great thanks to widowrexia. But now I'm told I look old. Thanks Aunty.

Opening up the floor to all of you. How do you stop widowhood taking a physical toll on your faces?

I have a wrinkle on my forehead that only showed up on my face since Squish died. I am incredibly self-conscious of it, and have considered getting Botox or a chemical peel to get rid of it. Every time I have brought it up to a dermatologist, they shrug me off and say it's not worth addressing.

So I use a clarisonic, argan oil and sunscreen daily. My wrinkle looks a little bit less obvious now.

I have actually become more focused on a skincare regime since DH passed. I have a 4 step process in the a.m. and 2 step at night. I also believe in cold tea bags and cucumbers for the eyes. Lots of water, I drink tons. And don't forget sunscreen on your hands and neck-I use Aveeno products.

These beauty routines make me feel good.

I know I'm probably gonna look towards a bit of plastic surgery as I get older, If it makes me feel good about myself, why not? My ego took a huge hit after DH passed and I've slowly rebuilt a little bit of esteem, taking care of how I look and feel nurtures that process.