This Should Probably Go in the Parenting Section...

Guest Lost35

Guest Lost35

Or perhaps in the Saturday Night thread.  It is Saturday, isn't it?  Yeesh.

I'm just sitting here in my little house with the doors and windows open, because it's so lovely and warm.  I wish I had someone to talk to about anything at all.  I can hear the couple in the house behind, on the deck, laughing and chatting; the house beside them is having a deck party;  across the street, young people are coming and going and getting ready to go out.  My little guy is asleep and I'm sitting here with the computer, again.

At least I had the foresight to organize Sangria.  :)

And giant puppy is here...so I'm not alone, completely.

Just feeling that life is passing by while I sit and watch and feel sad about so many things that happened so many years ago.

I should have bought umbrellas for the Sangria.  That would have cheered me up.  Ha.

-L.

Just feeling that life is passing by while I sit and watch and feel sad about so many things that happened so many years ago.

(((Lost35)))

You sound indeed "Lost" tonight. Yes, it is painful having to observe the intact lives of others juxtaposed against our own 'once upon a time' scenario. Our reality can take on a surreal quality, and the big void we feel inevitably makes us look back to "the way we were" with melancholy.

I know that you have been struggling hard to find your way forward, and sometimes prevailing circumstances can make it more difficult to get a clear view of a destination.

Life is similar to a labyrinth with so many twists and turns, which can become wearisome and disorienting when we can't see straight ahead. But if we stay the course, and when least expected, it suddenly takes a turn and leads us right to the center.

Labyrinth%20Small%20Birds%20View.jpg

I have walked labyrinths numerous times to remind myself of this life lesson, and it encouraged me to keep moving forward, step by step, even when it seemed utterly confusing and tiring. We never know what's waiting around the next bend!

"What saves a man is to take a step.

Then another step."

~~  Antoine de Saint-Exupery

And someone else said:

"The first step towards getting somewhere

is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are."

happiness.jpg

Wishing that each step takes you closer to brighter days ahead!

(((HUGS)))  and a little umbrella for your Sangria.

ATJ :)

(((Lost))),

Additional thought:

I just remembered reading something worth contemplating, and of which I have to often remind Myself.

I'm paraphrasing below:

5-800.jpg

"Never give up!"

"It could just be the moment when the tide may turn!!"

ATJ 

:)

I've been there many times so sorry you are feeling down. But smart to have organized sangria : ) I am now the only single parent with a single child in my neughbourhood and my son is almost 4 so is in bed pretty early. I am still in the house my husband and I bought together as I can't face moving and lately had been really missing him. I lost him suddenly in a boating accident and everything felt so unfinished. These days I have been taking the opposite tack and keeping us so busy I barely have time to sit down - organizing a few outings in advance has helped me get through those weekends or even taking my son out for dinner or now at least we can walk the neighbourhood since the weather is better.  And I do take time out for non mother time so I can mingle with adults - am lucky to have my In-laws and nanny help. But it's certainly a lonely life sometimes...I miss those nights too where you just sit around and chat with your spouse post the kids going to bed, have a few drinks, chatting about the day, the future. I so get it. Wishing you all the best - where is divorced neighbor : ) ?

Guest Lost35

Thank you all for the posts!  I love that I can come here with some sort of dis-jointed, random selection of thoughts y'all get it and make more sense of it than I can.  :)  ATJ, thank you for the quotes.  I will pack them away for when I need them most.

My neighbour has a new, "lady-friend" apparently, so no more hour long chats in the yard or help with the fence, I guess.  Oh well.  Am I moving in slow motion while everyone else is at high speed or is that just the way it feels sometimes?  :o

-L.