Maybe I am getting here

Max2507

You knew what to do when 6 months was over, graduate to 6-12mths. When I got to the year and beyond section it felt like a life sentence. How would I get beyond active grieving. This is such a weird journey. I saw a post on facebook the other day that made me realize I am moving beyond active grieving. It said "The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories, becomes a memory" It made me cry but also kind of made a lot of sense about a transition between grieving and beyond active grieving. He's no longer an active part of my life. I transitioned from identifying as his wife, then his widow, then a shell of nothingness,  to now when I feel more like a whole person. The connection I felt so strong early on, to the intense sadness and longing, to now sweet memories. It seems so long ago. This year I started antidepressants, started taking pilates and yoga, started thinking about where I would like to be heading, all the sudden my wedding rings that gave me great comfort are just rings and I may just stop wearing them. I have been able to be a better friend. Still downs but not as many and not as deep. Still a lot of financial stress but things are more stable and I don't worry (or care) as much. I feel like I am getting there.