Devil Dog

Guest Mel4072

Guest Mel4072

April 2014, my daughter got a dog to help her "heal". This dog was a menace! She was a rescue and had been in foster care for a year. She was uncontrollable. She attacked us. She chewed up furniture. She destroyed door frames. She attacked smaller dogs. She was HYPER and impulsive. We did the training classes. We did private training. We worked with her. When we would take her to Pet Smart, every employee recognized her, "Here comes Jolene". They would say this as a warning to fellow employees because she was so hard to handle. When we took her to doggy day camp, at their recommendation, she was placed in solitary confinement....

Several months ago, I was at my wits end and asked the vet her recommendation. She advised trying Prozac and if that didn't work; putting her down. We tried the Prozac. It was a 45 day trial. The vet told me not to be hopeful. But we got a miracle!

I am happy to report that she is now the sweetest, most obedient, most loyal dog ever! Yes, I've had to make many repairs to my house. My furniture needs to be replaced. I have to pay $4.00 per month for Prozac for a dog. I am not complaining! She has turned out to be an amazing addition to the family! Just wanted to share!

And I'm sitting here thinking "Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Joleeeeeeene, I'm begging of you please don't rip up any more furniture...." :-) Good to hear all's well that ends well.

^^^^Okay, this completely made me laugh, and I was having a really bad day. Thank you for that!

Back to the OP:

I am so glad that things are going better with your devil dog. My dogs have been such a source of healing for me, but I have to admit their training has been sporadic over the years. I sometimes worry about how they are going to adjust to our move that's coming up, and I am hoping they will be little angels and not little devils.