Off topic rant about sports parents

Trying

I'm on my third boy in organized sports so you think I would be used to it by now but I am still amazed and appalled by idiot Dads yelling at umpires and causing a scene.

Last nights Dad is one that DH had gotten banned from coaching the summer he was sick and they coached together, for this very reason.  This season, for some reason, he has been allowed back in the dugout to keep score.  This was his third incident with an ump in less than 3 weeks.  My oldest son was helping coach last night and had to intervene, literally standing between the GROWN MAN and the ump and apologize to the ump and other team for this mans behavior. 

All of this done in front of a dugout of 11 year boys.  The man is a Pediatric Neuropsycologist and self proclaimed spiritual devout catholic (all over FB). 

My oldest son is the one who  has been having anger outbursts and I am so proud of how he handled the situation but I also worry because he is emotionally fragile right now and I don't want some idiot triggering him to go off at his little brothers game. 

Rant over.

Sorry your son had to witness this bad behavior.  Sports and parents can bring out the worst in people. 

I'm a believer in that kids model their parents behavior.  That guy's son will either be embarrassed by his father's tirade or become an embarrassment to his children.  My boys have had good experiences in organized sports but I've seen enough to know how this must have concerned you and your older son.  From what you've said he handled it well.  You are doing it right.  Hugs.

Ugh I am so sorry!!

I agree it's awful....I am at a district game as we speak (delayed game for 2 hours because storm in middle of the game)

The Moms from the opposing team are acting like this is a backyard brawl. The yelling reminds me of being in a red neck bar.

I am in the car avoiding everyone lol