Nor'easter 2017 roll call

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

Checking in from eastern PA ---- it's a spring break Nor'easter here - 16 inches and counting; snow drifting everywhere.  Have moved from coffee to beer while reading a novel still in pajamas.  Hoping plans to go to Manhattan tomorrow not completely thwarted by storm.  What's are you up to if you're in the path of "Stella"?  (cue famous line from A Streetcar Named Desire)

Dug out once over in Bethlehem. No sign of a plough yet. Will dig out a second (and probably third and fourth) time after that. Drinking lots of coffee and working remotely. Hope you can get to NYC tomorrow! 

Over a foot here in CT.  I made a hug pot of sauce and meatballs, shoveled snow for over 2 hours with my 12 year old after my driveway was plowed and have been rewatching all of the episodes of "This is Us" in anticipation of the season finale tonight.  School already is cancelled tomorrow so I will be home with my youngest and finance's  2 little guys while he continues to plow roads. 

Oh and I've switched from herbal tea to Cabernet.

Guest TooSoon

Over a foot here in CT.  I made a hug pot of sauce and meatballs, shoveled snow for over 2 hours with my 12 year old after my driveway was plowed and have been rewatching all of the episodes of "This is Us" in anticipation of the season finale tonight.  School already is cancelled tomorrow so I will be home with my youngest and finance's  2 little guys while he continues to plow roads. 

Oh and I've switched from herbal tea to Cabernet.

We don't have TV or a subscription to cable that would let us watch "This is Us" but I really want to watch it after hearing all of you talk about it here and on FB.  We just had a mega-battle with the tween --- she refuses to watch Suffragette with us for no apparent reason other than that we suggested it.  Same thing with Brooklyn the other night which she turned out to love.  Go figure. 

Hello from near Worcester , Mass.

Over a foot of snow and still snowing

but all the shoveling and clean-up is done for now

Switched from Cocoa earlier to Guinness

bought the Guinness for corned beef slow cooker recipe , and didn't want the rest to go to waste :)

Hope you all stay warm and safe

Guest TooSoon

We were predicted to get 12-18 at one point. Then they lowered it, closed schools last night . We got ..... rain ... rain and more rain ! I'm in ocean county NJ .

Where are you in Ocean Cty?  We're down there all the time!  Send a message, fellow four-year-er! 

Guest TooSoon

Hello from near Worcester , Mass.

Over a foot of snow and still snowing

but all the shoveling and clean-up is done for now

Switched from Cocoa earlier to Guinness

bought the Guinness for corned beef slow cooker recipe , and didn't want the rest to go to waste :)

Hope you all stay warm and safe

Worcester!  My people are from Manchester, NH - all of my Greek relatives, that is.  Now we're mostly in or near Philadelphia but so many funerals up there....

We got about 15 inches.  Long slog keeping child occupied today and no school again tomorrow.  Coffee gave way to beer which gave way to wine.  We're watching Treme Season 2.  Priming Andy for a visit to NOLA one of these days.   

We went on the tour of the Guinness factory last year in Dublin bc Andy's son really wanted to do it.  It was like the Las Vegas/Disneyworld version of Irish beer history and as such deeply extortionate and irritating.  And it was expensive.  But anyone over 18 got a free Guinness at the end of the tour and even though everyone was miserable with how touristy it was and even though I can't stand Guinness, I inhaled that free beer.  And Andy's.  Dublin is a fantastic city though, in every way. 

Upstate NY here with 17 inches. It came in a blizzard -very heavy, drifting snow. I work at a college in Albany and we just had two days off! Very unusual for the college to close since most of the students live on campus, but the faculty and me, staff, have to travel.

Thank goodness my oldest son was able to use my snow blower and he had to do it twice for my driveway.

I'm just back to work today, and the parking is awful, even in my employee lot. The snowbanks are so high!

When is Spring??

Me again.

So I'm back to work and talk here is about the snow storm. And don't ya know a conversation I had with a professor was that her husband was out of town and she had to make do by herself in the storm.

Yeah, my husband is out of town, too. But my husband is not coming back. Ever.

It still stung, even after 10 years.