First vacation together-

Sugarbell

We've been going out for 10 months...First adult only get away to Vegas for 3 nights. I admit I was nervous, apprehensive. You find out compatibility when traveling across the country together and spending that much time together.

It went great....Yea we are different (like he tries to jam in everything and be at the airport just at the last minute to catch plane-me boring need to be early for everything when traveling)

But it didn't bother me...I appreciated his sense of adventure and wanting to show me everything in the area. DH was the same way.

And He was more open with his feelings as was I.

It's progressing...at a pace I like. He even said "We didn't have sex much...but I liked it better that way on this trip...We were so busy seeing everything. We connect on so many levels".

And it was nice....well it was wonderful not being under the watchful eye of 3 little people (although they called me like 3 times a day...and my male cat sprayed in my favorite tote bag because he was pissed my Mother was at the house)

Cleaning/fumigating cat smelling bag/daughters room tomorrow. Back to reality.

Guest TooSoon

So glad it was fun and a good break for you from 24/7 mom world!  Loved seeing the pics on the FB and isn't Hoover Dam just amazing!? 

It is so important to get a break, be a bona fide adult in the company of other adults, from time to time.   

Hoover Dam and touring the catcus gardens was my favorite. Honestly-I would've loved to have gone to the Grand Canyon, Death Valley-I could spend a full week in the desert. But not Vegas-Glad I experienced it-but 3 days was plenty in that city. lok

We flew through Vegas...not my idea of fun, but my niece wanted to experience a bit of the city, the lights, the grandeur.  We stayed at one of the bigger glam hotels.  It was just and afternoon and evening and a show. 

I'm glad you got away with New Guy!

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

Well, SB, it sounds like you're just going to have to plan another trip and go back for that Grand Canyon (and it is mindbogglingly impressive).

• 2 weeks later...

So glad your "adult getaway" went well.  You deserve happiness!  The desert is awesome and the Grand Canyon can't be beat.  Get them in on your next visit. 

Good luck getting that cat smell out of your bag!