Only you will understand

Virgo

My youngest daughter (8) had the biggest smile on her face before she went to bed. It's been a rough week. Everyone has been down and grouchy, so it's been awhile since I've seen her BIG beautiful smile (sadly.) Why was she smiling so big? She was talking to me about how her dad smelled. So, I shared a little secret with her. I saved a little bottle of his body wash. She smelled it, instant smile. She asked if she could sleep with the bottle. :( I told her I wouldn't want it to leak, but if she wanted to rub it all over her stuffy (Olaf) she could. She did, and she squeezed him so tight. She said, "he smells so good, but it makes me think about daddy." I said, "that's good, right?" Then she smiled big again. I can always tell when she's really missing her daddy. That's part of the reason we've all been grouchy lately. We've had a lot of minor things happen that made us miss him even more. These are the little things I rarely share with friends. They wouldn't understand.

It made me cry, but I've been crying of and on all day. Just a rough week.

Scent memories are so strong!  I'm glad you were able to do that for your daughter and see her smile. I find its so tricky with my kids to know what might bring them comfort versus memories that are too painful.  It sounds like you hit it just right. 

I'm sorry it's been a extra rough time recently.

Guest Lost35

Virgo,

What a kind and good Mamma you are,  to share a most prized possession, especially during a difficult week.  That smile would be worth it, I could imagine.

Daddy still has the ability to bring smiles and ease the day... very cool.  I wish he knew.

For you, I wish for a better week ahead, with more smiles and less difficulties.

-:)