Countdown is on!

7 weeks until the big day. The day I marry a man who I can honestly say is the love of my life. Backyard wedding with big reception to follow. The little details are left to plan: programs, shoes, gifts, hair, groom's dinner, gift opening, etc. But this is all the petty stuff, right?!

My imagination runs wild as I envision myself walking down the stone path to meet him at the patio island under an archway of decorated flowers and willow branches and I start to cry. Tears of happiness yet tears of overwhelming fear. WHAT IF? What if IT happens again?? What if I have to bury this man like I did the last? What if my children lose another father figure? Maybe I'm better off being single so I don't risk being hurt. WHAT IF?

I know the risk of the unknown is worth marrying this man and that we are to enjoy each day as if it were our last. No one is guaranteed tomorrow ... no one ... but it doesn't stop me from second guessing or feeling like my heart is being stabbed while my breath runs short. Grief is such a bitch ...

Hugs, whiteirony!

I really understand your angst.  But you have such a beautiful little family...well, a big family, too.  You have to live...and that means taking the risks.  I'm excited for you to walk down the path to the patio and look into E's loving face and to say those vows to each other and dedicate this day to the future!

I'm going to be watching for pictures...but I've already seen the loving looks between you and E and E and your kids.  It is all good!

Love,

Maureen

The "what ifs" can drive you crazy, I know.  I hope you can focus on the joy and excitement of officially beginning your life together and embrace the future with your love.

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Guest Mel4072

Congratulations!!!! Every time I hear a what if, I tell myself it's not true and try to disregard it. It usually comes in bunches though so I wind up spending a little while trashing the thoughts. Lol! Happy wedding planning!!!

• 2 weeks later...