I Dreamed of My Husband...But I Dont Want To

Captains wife

I was in a deep sleep in the early hours of this morning and in the middle of a vivid dream of my late husband. I know from other postings that many people on here like to re-visit with their spouses via dreams but for some reason I dont. I wake up feeling sad again.

Last night in my dream, I went to a meeting point to meet up with my husband - and he showed up with an arm full of flowers, balloons etc to wish me a happy birthday, with that huge grin he always had on his face. This was reminiscent of when he surprised me on our first Valentines Day way back in 2008, showing up unexpectedly at the bank where I worked with an arm full of flowers, balloons, cards, a stuffed animal - he walks right into my workplace (having planned it with my analyst), kisses me on the check and says "Happy Valentines Day Darling!"...He was always into going over the top and the big, showy romantic gestures but the reason he did it was to show my department how "special" and loved I was....sigh....

Then in the dream, he says to me "Im back...WHAT are you doing dating this new guy?"

When I suddenly woke up, I felt sad and unsettled and I feel so sad today.

I just needed to vent but feel free to share your recent spouse dreams too, if you like....good and bad.

he comes and looks at the house and says"why isn't this fixed?. He repairs things. He asks me why I choose a musican after all the heat-ache Rennie gave Dierdre- my bil, who is a useless musician but now inherited money, so good for them. Peter and I gave them money for years, beacuse of my autistic nephew. Peter sits or stands really close to me and whispers in my ear. I quite like those dreams, now- almost 8 1/2 years. I always play with his long curly hair. I can still smell him. I feel his muscles. Thanks for asking.

Marian

oh, and there are times he looks at Mike and asks me, really, Mar?

changed for spelling in an emotional moment. God, I miss my Peter Pan.

Guest mawidow

CW, what a bittersweet night. I am so sorry you are going through the sad, unsettling feelings (again. Sigh. Widowhood is not for the faint of heart.)  I have had hardly any dreams, and I imagine it would feel intrusive as I try to move along. Hugs to you.

Mine never used to come visit in my dreams (and I'm not much of a dreamer anyway).  I always felt bad that I wasn't dreaming of her.  Surely someone so special who was in my thoughts every waking moment should have no difficulty crossing into my unconscious too?

Now she has started to appear.  Makes me uncomfortable when I wake up, knowing that she's forever gone.  But it's bittersweet because in my dreams she's got her long hair and her plump, round, cute features, and she's not the bald, terminally-ill skeleton I said goodbye to and watched die.

I can understand why these dreams can be unsettling

waking up and realizing you have mourn all over again

So far I am lucky and when I get to dream about Don it's still a comfort

I hope it stays that way but it may not

One of the things I do like is he appears like he did when we were dating , first Married

gorgeous wavy hair and a moustache ,I am hoping that means we get to pick our "look" when we leave this part of life