So angry

The relationship I was in , even though somewhat was over but wasn't . Is DONE! Told him Friday to respect my wishes and stop texting , calling. He has.. I caught him in another lie , and just as clear as day .. Saw it all clearly . I'm hurt , pissed off and angry . Not really sad. I want to plot revenge lol.  I asked a good friend last night , why I didn't see red flags earlier and why did I believe things he said ? She said .. You weren't ready to see it and accept the truth . Hmm . I dated someone , only about 3 months after John died , we broke up for many reasons, but we both really cared about each other .. And I cried for days ! I don't know which is worse 😜.  Good news .. Profiles back up online.. So I'll have stories for sure . 😂😂

The best revenge is apathy. Move on..forget this dweeb...Be open to other people.

Don't let him consume any more of your thoughts or time.

I am sorry he turned out to be a jerk. You are better off learning this now as opposed to in another 6 months or year. ((((hugs)))

Guest nonesuch

Anyone can pretend to be a good person for a few weeks or even months.

Glad you've shed the albatross.

On to bigger and better things.

So sorry that this guy ended up being a jerk and confirming your suspicions. No contact is smart and glad you told him to take a hike. Honestly there ARE many fish in the sea and you will find someone better, who treats you better while this guy is wishing he wasn't such a dolt and let you get away. Dating is hard work but also fun and I wish you all the best!PS- I dreamed revenge on the first guy I dated seriously after I found out he was a compulsive liar but I'm glad I never went there in the end. Although very upset at time when we broke up I never think of him now...

You have every right to be angry! What scum!

Even relationships that don't work teach us things abouts ourselves that ultimately will make the next relationship much better!

You deserve and will find better, and in the meantime, the on line stories will keep you, and hopefully us as well, entertained!

(((Hugs)))

Guest mawidow

I'm so sorry this happened, but you sound like you are leaving with your sanity intact. I was recently wondering why I was goofy enough to stay in first ch 2 relationship for a year. Now that I'm in a good, nurturing relationship it seems crazy that I tried so hard to make it work with the previous (emotionally unavailable, self-absorbed, hot and cold) guy. I was really sad around the breakup, which makes no sense as he was not very nice.

But he came on strong intermittently and that is such a mind game! It kept me hooked way longer than I otherwise would have been. I was not stupid, I was hopeful. Big hugs to you. You are going to land on your feet and meet many more functional men than this guy.

One of my bestest in the world friends and I have a saying...

"I think I made him up in my mind."

You can use it...

Sorry you went through it all,  we have, I'm sure all been there, either pre or post widowhood at one time or another....just glad you saw it for what it was and listened to what instinct had been saying.