If you need a laugh ...

Last Sunday I went to the cemetery to visit and clean my husband's grave.  I took the windex, a roll of paper towels, a bag and my dog.  The cemetery clearly states no dogs allowed, but I broke that rule and thought what are they going to do to me.  So, off we go to the cemetery.  I get there and start talking to my husband and wiping down the tombstone.  The leash is clearly in my way, so I drop it.  I'm cleaning all the letters, talking and crying to my husband, then after about 4 minutes I realize I haven't seen my dog.  I jump up, and run to the graves behind me because I would have saw my dog go in front of me.  I scream as loud as I can, "JACK, WHERE ARE YOU?  JACK!!!"  I run to the next row of graves, "JACK!!!!!!!"  There are 3 sets of people in the distance who can see me and hear my screaming.  I  found my dog about 5 rows down, lying in the shade of a large tombstone.  I look up to where I saw people and they are all gone.  I think they all thought, "oh, that poor woman, calling for her loved one!  Shit, we better get out of here, she's crazy!"

I think I gave my husband a good laugh!

Thanks for sharing!  Your story paints quite the amusing picture and made me smile  :D

And as an aside (and one of the many reasons I love our little community) - it's only here that you could start a funny story with:

Last Sunday I went to the cemetery to visit and clean my husband's grave. 

and not only not scare your audience away, but have us all nodding along and smiling with you.