And now it is five...

cmf

I don't know what else to say. I have no earthly idea how five years have passed. It isn't soul crushing any longer. My life is totally different now. Most days in a good way, but other days I miss my old life so much it stops me in my tracks. I went to his memorial stone this morning with some flowers and my breakfast. It is on our city's hike and bike trail so it isn't a cemetery setting, but out among people enjoying their daily run. I'm not sure if I'm actually allowed to leave flowers, but I do every year. More than anything I want him to be remembered because he was an awesome person and did so much with his too few days on this earth. I am blessed that he shared them with me.

VDS 11/8/59-8/22/10

• 4 months later...

Hey there, cmf! I pray life is treating you well. It's crunches from the former YWBB! We're close to same timeframe! Similarly to you, just thinking about this incredible loss still stops me in my tracks! I'm grateful to God I was able to begin to rebuild, but it required a totally different path of living than what I was on with my husband! And yet, I still cry for him in disbelief of his absence. I think I will always shed a tear over his absence in my life.

HUGS! To you, just wanted to drop a line to say hello and I've missed you!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest k3songs

Going on six years for me  It's so very hard without him.  I came across some of his papers and books, things he had written for work.  I sat and cried.  What do I do with these things?  I packed them up again and put them away, i probably will look again in a few years.  I can't throw them out.  I miss that man so much.  He was such a big part of my life, I have lost a half of myself.  The best half really.