NYC, Sunday, November 1st, 2015 - need your input

Michael797

MeAndTheKids and I are going public with this. Jen and I will be in NYC over the Halloween weekend, and we left Sunday, Nov. 1st open for a bago. We have a few venues in mind, but we could use your input on this. If you're interested, please let us know your answers to the following questions:

1. Is 1 pm a good time for you?

2. Do you need the venue to be kid-friendly?

3. Do you want to talk/eat/drink/other?

Basically, the same procedure as in the past applies: Jen and I are parking at Secaucus Junction and taking the train in and out of the city. At eight bucks round trip, it's tough to be - and parking at the train station is $15 for the whole day, which is roughly the cost of about an hour of parking in the city.

So what'cha think? You in?

I would so love to join you but the timing isn't going to work as both my promotion file and big grant applications are due that very week.  All.In.One.Week.  Argh!  Maybe I'll have some unprecedented burst of productivity and....oh, who am I kidding.  BUT I have MeAndTheKids tote bag from the summer - this sounds like the perfect chance to convey it.  Let's make that happen. 

I think MrDrew and I can make this... I will discuss with him tonight and confirm. NYC is fairly easy for us to get to. My son (25 y.o.) lives in the upper east side. So we like to drive in and see him whenever we can. If we BAGO'd at 1, that would still allow us to see him for a brief visit later in the afternoon, before heading back to Connecticut.

What did you have in mind?

In my mind, the only prerequisite for a BAGO are that the venue be conducive to visiting...

Keep us posted...

DonnaP and MrDrew

Despite the fact that I've lived in this area my entire life I've come up dry with suggestions other than Ellen's Stardust Diner (a tourist trap but fun) or the boat to the Statue of Liberty (if we can score tickets same day, since it's too weather dependent and our headcount shifts with the winds), or top of Empire State Building (same issue with tickets)

Come on, K-  you should be able to do better than that

I vote for this place:

Oktoberfest in New York City | Bierhaus NYC | Bavarian ...

bierhausnyc.com/

Bierhaus NYC, Oktoberfest in New York City Headquarters, Bavarian Beer Hall, Near Grand Central in Midtown Manhattan, Hofbrau, Beer, Steins, Prost, New ...

712 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10017

(212) 867-2337

Google it! Looks cool.

What, you don't want to fight traffic like a salmon trying to get upstream to spawn? ;)

We can be as flexible as needed-- Sunday is wide open, we just have to figure out how to get from Point A (Secaucus Junction) to Point B(ago). As soon as we decide where Point B is, we can marshal the troops (whoever wants to meet at the station) and go from there. :)

Let's meet at Rosa's pizza right on the LIRR level at penn sta. It is food court seating. No one can kick us out and there are other food options. But their food is amazing! People up for wandering can head up to the Highline. Im always up for grand central too

I cannot give any input into NYC on November 1st, but if you all should ever decide to travel to Southern CA, I am less than an hour away from a number of major theme parks, beaches, and all kinds of touristy attractions and restaurants in and around LA. I can also cook up a batch of killer fried chicken and homemade buttermilk biscuits that would melt in your mouth. Just sayin'....  ;)

I vote we move this BAGO to Southern Cal. All in favor, say I!

Aww, L,

What a nice offer! It's a bummer you are so far away.

MrDrew and I are tentative now. Not sure it will work out with our schedule, but trying... I'm watching the post to see where people end up, but not weighing in, since we are not definite attendees...

DonnaP