Finally did it.

Well today we finally buried my Dear Husbands ashes in the local cemetery where I will go right beside him too. It's been almost 28 months.  Stepkids (28 and 25)and I picked the spot 1.5 yrs ago but I just couldn't bring myself to make the final call to dig the hole. I finally did it then had DHs family ( only 2 sisters left) here for a BBQ dinner. It was a lovely evening and he would be so proud of all of us.

I have felt so stuck lately and I'm hoping this may help me 'get on with it'. Time will tell.

We all work to our own timeline eh.

Thank you. 

I have been a bit of a wreck since Thursday night but I guess that is to be expected. I have to drive by the cemetery to get home and I feel like shit because I feel like he doesn't belong in the ground but in the house with me. This widow shit is such a mind f_ck.

Baby steps I guess.

Sending you loads of hugs and support.  I think not only is he proud of you, but you should be very proud of yourself.  Burial, whenever it takes place, is a very difficult part of the grieving process for most of us, but it can also give a big sense of closure and of permission to move forward.  I very much agree with you about the fact that we are each on our own timeline.  Sometimes that means that we might go through a difficult part of the process far later than many others do.  This is a huge step that could well help you past that feeling of being stuck.  At the same time, it is a huge step and it makes perfect sense that it would be quite difficult.  Wishing you peace.

Sending you loads of hugs and support.  I think not only is he proud of you, but you should be very proud of yourself.  Burial, whenever it takes place, is a very difficult part of the grieving process for most of us, but it can also give a big sense of closure and of permission to move forward.  I very much agree with you about the fact that we are each on our own timeline.  Sometimes that means that we might go through a difficult part of the process far later than many others do.  This is a huge step that could well help you past that feeling of being stuck.  At the same time, it is a huge step and it makes perfect sense that it would be quite difficult.  Wishing you peace.

After I read your post, I was thinking about the things I wanted to say to you, then I read this what AC wrote, and realized she said everything I had wanted to say, only much better than I could have said it. (((Hugs)))