Mysterious Repairs

singinmomo4

Anyone else have things mysteriously fix themselves and wonder if it is their dear departed spouse doing the fixing?

Rick seems to like fixing the plumbing around here (no gutter thoughts now  ;) ).  There is a pipe in the basement that was leaking that mysteriously fixed itself shortly after Rick died.  At one point, several years later, it started leaking again and then stopped.  Another pipe, under the powder room sink, has been leaking for several years.  I just keep a Tupperware container under there to catch the water and dump it regularly.  That leak is suddenly gone.  Then tonight I go up to the boys bathroom to clean a drain that has been clogged for a long time and it isn't clogged anymore.  I texted Mike at college and he says he didn't clean it.

It makes me smile to think it's Rick fixing it all.  Now if only he could find a way to take care of the yard work and painting that needs done.  :D

Anyone else have any mysterious fix ups?

I have had a few weird things like that happen , mostly electrical

like light bulbs that I thought were burnt out then a few days later they comeback on

I have whote lights on a bridge in the back yard and half were off the other day

so I thought crap gotta get on a ladder , buy new lights etc

then last night they were back on :)

There is a pipe in the basement that was leaking that mysteriously fixed itself shortly after Rick died.  At one point, several years later, it started leaking again and then stopped.  Another pipe, under the powder room sink, has been leaking for several years.  I just keep a Tupperware container under there to catch the water and dump it regularly.  That leak is suddenly gone.

[...]

It makes me smile to think it's Rick fixing it all.  Now if only he could find a way to take care of the yard work and painting that needs done.  :D

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I'd hate even worse to see you saddled with thousands of dollars in water damage and mold. You need to get a live, flesh-and-blood plumber to inspect and repair your pipes. Please don't wait for those leaks to come back bigger than ever.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

I actually had a plumber in for the first leak, next to the water meter.  He couldn't find anything, it had stopped by the time he was there.  Both pipes are fully visible and not behind any walls, so there is not any possible hidden water damage.  The powder room sink it's just the pipe right under the drain.  I'm sure it's a fairly easy fix, it's just I have so many things going on I haven't had the time to deal with it. 

Glad Rick is looking out for you.  Also happy you had a plumber check things out.  Nothing worse than water damage that is behind walls or not visible.  At least the powder room leak is visible and just annoying.  When I put my house on the market last spring, the inspectors were very thorough about water leaks.  DH was a stickler for keeping plumbing and roof in good condition.  Never allowed carpet in bathrooms.  I'm impressed with how you've stayed on top of the house and yard maintenance.  DH left me a folder with plumber, electrician, handyman phone numbers and fortunately in the 1.5 years I lived in the house they were not needed.