I admire you all

lcoxwell

I was going through some of my old posts on YWBB, and I came across this one that I wrote at about 2-1/2 months out.  Thought I would share it here, as well, especially since I have a whole new reason for admiration, given how this community has pulled together and supported each other in this past week.

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I admire you all so much and to thank you for helping me to keep breathing through this grieving process. I am still a newbie at this, and I don't know what I would have done without you.

For those of you farther into this journey than I am, I appreciate so much the advice that you have passed on and the sharing of your thoughts, struggles, and successes. It helps to know others who have learned to keep swimming, even when the waves come crashing down on your heads. On those really bad days, I can read some of your amusing dating stories, and it lifts my spirits, even for a few minutes, or a post on the more positive threads reminds me that even on the darkest of days, there are still a few good things in life. You all give me hope that it won't always be this bad, while still reminding me that the bad days will come, too, so be gentle with myself when they do.

For those of you on similar timelines as I am, I am thankful for your willingness to open up and share your experiences, too. Some days, I am so lost, but I can read one of your posts, and it is like you have reached into my mind and expressed my feelings so much better than I could have.

I am sorry we all have to be here in this place, and that we have had to suffer this great loss; but I am thankful for all you have done for me, whether you realized it or not.

Your strength is amazing, and I am in awe.

This brought me to tears. I've been holding back for days. It is a bit overwhelmimg seeing everyone come on here. A blessing for sure.I read my 1st 3 posts from 2009. That's all I can bear. I will say this...people who responded then are among my best friends today . it has been an honor to watch their journeys. thanks for posting this.

Lcoxwell, I personally have heard other members express admiration for your insightful and pure and sweet posts. Your genuinous shines through in your writing, and it's appreciated by more folks than you may be aware of.

Just thought I'd share that!

Baylee

I am always amazed at how encouraging the people are in this community.  Even on my worst of days, I am full of gratitude for all of you. 

Lisapop....I tried reading a few of my old posts, and some were simply too painful to revisit, just yet, so I have been cutting and pasting, but not reading them, for the most part.

Hugs to all!  Yay for widow besties :)

MissingSquish....I completely agree. :)

((((Jen))))

Thank you, look2thesky.

Lcoxwell, I personally have heard other members express admiration for your insightful and pure and sweet posts. Your genuinous shines through in your writing, and it's appreciated by more folks than you may be aware of.

Just thought I'd share that!

Baylee

Baylee....This means more to me, than you will ever know.  I needed to hear this today.  Thank you!