Switched at Birth Quote hits home - ABC Family

sdarrah1130

I am not sure how I started binge watching the show Switched at Birth on ABC Family.  I was on one episode where the son (19) had gotten divorced and was talking to his new "friend".

She said something about calling a friend to do something and his reply really struck a cord/hit me hard. 

He said "there's a million people to do something with. But, there's just nobody to do nothing with. That's, uh, what I miss"

I think this might be the way MANY of us feel but don't/didn't know how to put the feelings into words. 

Wow.  Does this resonate with me.  I couldn't put it into words but when I saw this it was exactly what I've been feeling.  The best of times with LH were being together doing nothing.  That is what is missing in my life and I didn't pick up on it.

Friends, NG, and coworkers always have an agenda.  Things to see, places to go, lots of socializing.  Nothing wrong with that but now I am seeing the peace and contentment that came from a week-end with no plans, just both of us working on home projects and getting caught up on the mundane work necessary around the house.  Neither of us had to be entertained to enjoy our time together.  Didn't need a party with friends, dinner out, a trip so we could have something to talk about, etc. to feel the love and comfort of doing what would appear to be ?nothing?.  I'm going to call my closest friend  to come over next Saturday so we can do nothing.  She gets it and I miss a nothing day. 

Nothing was the second best part, lazy Sunday afternoons when DH would say " come on Babe let s go have a nap ;) was the best part :). I so miss all of him and our life together. At almost 2.5 yrs out I rarely talk about my grief because people tend to reply with such stupid stuff that still hurts so what's the point.