The things kids say...

Losttogether

Most of the time I figure there isn't much my kids can say that shock me. Today my daughter managed it though. I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry (although ultimately I went with laugh because it was just so creepy and weird!)

As we were walking to our car after I picked my kids (7 and 9) up from school we passed a house that was very well decorated for Halloween. There were spooky ghosts hanging from trees, cobwebs, big spiders etc. On the ground there was a large coffin shaped pile of leaves with a RIP grave maker at one end and a skeleton partially coming out of the leaf pile. My 9 year old saw it and said 'ooh look at the dead guy!' My 7 year old shouted out  'It's daddy!  I  think it's daddy coming to visit us for Halloween!' It was seriously a nasty, creepy looking skeleton.  Where do they come up with this stuff? 

I was in the car with my 3 DD's and my sister. The kids started telling me what there plans were when my sister and I die.  She was a little creep-ed out. Me not so much. They told us we are to be cremated I will be put with my DH.  My sisters ashes will be scattered at various Dunkin Donuts, her favorite coffee spot.

• 4 weeks later...