Wild Wids at Disneyland - Thursday, July 21st (changed the name of the thread)

lcoxwell

That should work for Justin, his DD, and me. With that date we would likely arrive on the 20th and leave the 24th. Exciting! I hope you all are ready to keep up with me, I don't mess around when it comes to Disneyland! :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like I have a competing activity that may interfere with my attendance. My thirty year reunion is being held in the Denver area and the two possible dates are the weekends of July 16 and July 23. I guess I will just have to wait and see how everything unfolds. In a perfect world, Disneyland would be sometime around July 16, then to Denver for my reunion the weekend of July 23 and then continue north to Cheyenne Frontier Days for a little rodeo action!

• 2 weeks later...

As long as I'm logged in, thought I'd stop by - glad to see this is gaining some traction, considering I just booted a bago today. I don't care how bloody hot it is, the Widz World Tour must continue. Grace, I just might be able to keep up with you this time! :D

I would like to propose that Actual Wild Wids at Disneyland Day be Thurs, July 21.

Since I teach and will have the summer off, and since July 21st falls between my June honeymoon cruise to Alaska and my August trip to NC for the arrival of my Nutmeg's (aka my daughter's) very first baby, I am all in for this. Can I say how excited I am that this is beginning to come together? After the difficult day that I have had today, I needed this bit of happiness in my life, right now!  ;D

Wow Alaska and NC 2 of my favorite places.  Where are you going in both states?  Thanks for setting a date.  I am not sure what I am doing yet to make it or not to disneyland we shall see.  I know it will be a great trip. 

Amor, my Alaskan cruise honeymoon is going to take me from Seattle, Washington up to Ketchican, Tracy Arm Fjord, Juneau, and Skagway in Alaska, and then will take me back down to Victoria, British Columbia, before returning me to Seattle. Then in August, I will be visiting the mountains of NC, in a little town that is over near Asheville.

I'm leaning towards going.  You folks seem like nice people, it'd be nice to hang out.  I live about an hour north, traffic depending. As for scheduling, I don't know my work schedule until the 20th of the month prior but I'll try to bid for it off.

The date of my high school reunion has been changed from July 23 to July 30, so I might be able to make this work. I think my kids would literally kill me in my sleep if they thought they had a chance to go to Disneyland and I didn't take them...lol. DH and I took them when they were younger. My daughter remembers going, but my son was only 4 and doesn't remember.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this up to remind people to make plans to join us at Disneyland in July. This is my very first widow gathering, so please, please, please do not disappoint me with your failure to appear! Some of the very best widows you could possibly find anywhere will be there, so you won't just be stuck with me. I promise I will try really, really hard not to be a major embarrassment. Although, if you get bored while waiting in long lines, I can entertain with amusing stories and impressions of goofy teenagers, which could be mildly embarrassing, depending on who you are.  ;D

• 1 month later...

My 14 year old daughter and I are a definite now. Thinking about looking for an all inclusive beach resort deal so we can do Disney on the 21st and lounge on the beach for a few days.

I am so fucking excited! Finally something to look forward to! ;D

The date everyone should be there is the 21st, but Justin and I will going the 21st-23rd because, well, Disneyland! :)

I think it would be awesome if you came a day earlier and joined us on the beach and for dinner!  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this. Yesterday was 22 month sadiversary, and I had the nerve to be surprised that I was still having creepy old thoughts. Who knows what 24 months will bring? I'm extra mega uber glad to be taking the WWT out to the west coast to be with you folks for this. It's very gratifying to remember that there's still a bunch of amazing people out there who have my back. I couldn't think of a safer place on Earth to be, and I'm so looking forward to finally seeing those of you who were there all along. And, of course, nothing happens without Jenni, the dutiful Sancho to my raving Quixote. Yes, this qualifies as a big deal!

Alright people, since Michael bumped this it seemed as good of a time as any to start getting organized. Before July 21st, we need to make sure we have a list of "Definitely going" so when we do meet up we have a solid plan and know who to look for when. There's no rush to commit yet at all as we have right at two months to figure it all out so if you are a maybe, there's no need to let us know you aren't coming but it would help a lot to let us know when you know you are able to attend by July 20th. I will try to update this as updates are available.

People that said they are in at some point in this thread:

lcoxwell

Jen

Jess

Justin (+DD and friend of DD)

November

MauiMermaid

Michael797

LiveToRide (+DD)

People that have said Maybe somewhere in this thread:

Mr C

Quixote

Momtojandj

Karin

Gracelet

Amor

Also, when we are closer to the date and the park has published hours, etc. I'll update that. Since this post is a few pages deep, does anyone think it would help is I make a new thead so the organization of the bago is the first post and editable since lcoxwell has her hands full?