New on line dating profile

momtokam

I posted this on ywbb on Dec 28, 2014

Another member added some hilarious explanations but I won't add her post without her permission.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have hidden my profile and have no more interest in pursuing on line dating right now. The list below might give a clue why.

Then I thought this might get some attention. It's a spin off of my actual profile.

12 reasons why you should NOT get to know me....

1. You send me a message with one word....I know how to read more than one word.

2. You have multiple pictures in your profile holding fish....I like to eat fish but don't care how many you have held.

3. Your profile pictures do not contain one with a smile on your face...I would like to date a happier person.

4. Your profile states you want a woman 25-35 years old and you are over 50......I know that with age comes so much more, use your imagination.

5. Your pictures only show you wearing sports gear, ski suits, scuba suits, hockey gear, bike helmets and goggles.... I wonder who is really under there.

6. You are only shown wearing sunglasses..... I wonder what you are hiding.

7. You fav me, wink at me, like my pictures and then immediately hide your profile.......I wonder why you bother.

8. You say you are easy going, fun, like to spend time with friends, and love your kids....I wonder why you need to point these things out.

9. You have 2 profiles up with different ages and locations but the same profile picture......I am not stupid.

10. You take selfies in the bathroom.... I am surprised that you didn't clean the bathroom first.

11. Your pictures are with a group of people......I don't know which one you are.

12. You don't reply to nice messages that clearly show I read your profile, even if to say "sorry not interested".... I do respond to messages like this.

Feel free to add your own to this list!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add number 13.....

13. You are young enough to be my son.......is your father  single?

Guest nonesuch

You have this opportunity to sell yourself: spelling and  grammar kind of count.  I'm not an English teacher.  Adults marketing themselves might make the effort to have someone proofread your ad and correct your use of too, to and two. Do not type "I RITE IN ALL CAPS CUZ I DONT SEE GUD."

Learn how to use a computer, if you're going to date that way.  Use Picassa to turn the photos the right way.  Hold down the ctrl key and use the up arrow or the wheel on the mouse to make the text larger. 

When you state you're looking for someone open minded, I can guess you're married.

I don't need to see picture of your Johnson before we meet.  It's not how I'm going to pick you out at Tim Horton's. 

Guest look2thesky

Please tell the truth about your age not a ten year old photo ?

And please ask my name before what I do for a living cause really I'm a doctor (and have a lot of patients ).

Guest nonesuch

If you cannot string together a complete sentence in English, I probably don't want to date you.

"I'm in the mist of a divorce."

Does leaving out the 'd' count? Maybe it's poetic license.

I was a part-time writer for 13 years before my wife died so I know my way around a participle, but if I'd been picky about grammatical errors and misspellings I never would've married her.

Serpico!! You could charge per word to help us write our profiles!  You know what men want to hear and you can make it grammatically pleasing  ;) win/win!

Serpico!! You could charge per word to help us write our profiles!  You know what men want to hear and you can make it grammatically pleasing  ;) win/win!

Not a bad idea at all MM. My first profile was a disaster until I had a (woman) friend of mine help me redo it. Of my original she said "This is a perfect profile. IF YOU WANT TO DATE A GUY!!"

It really helps have a member of your target audience look it over before you post it to your dating site.  :P

Mike

Guest nonesuch

Not a bad idea at all MM. My first profile was a disaster until I had a (woman) friend of mine help me redo it. Of my original she said "This is a perfect profile. IF YOU WANT TO DATE A GUY!!"

It really helps have a member of your target audience look it over before you post it to your dating site.  :P

Mike

A friend used to keep an eye out and if he saw something in my online profile that needed work, he'd cut and paste it in a note back to me, with the typos or suggested re-wording in red.

Yes, he was an English major, in case you were wondering.