My grief group

Momtojandj

My kids and I go to a grief group every other week. Kids go with their peers , and I go with the adults. Always new people joning , which leads us all to tell our stories again. It was a rough night, I don't want to tell the stories from last night, in case any of them ever find their way here. But I saw my life or what could happen with a few, that coupled with issues I'm having with my kids, and rough day with guy I'm seeing. I cried and cried , couldn't stop. A few people commented they have never seen me break, I just wanted to slink into the wall. Thankfully they didn't push, I didn't want to talk. cried myself to sleep, today a new day though right?

Yes, it is a new day. But you know what? Sometimes you just need to cry and let it out. At least you were with people who understand. Living thru this journey is difficult. Looking back and telling your story brought it all back again. But, it helps. That's why that group is there and that's why you go. Good for you for bringing your kids.

Boy, if I look back at my life, and even when my husband was still alive, I can't imagine how I got thru my life. But I'm still standing!!

Peace to you,

~Catnip

Today is a new day, @momtojandj, but it is unsettling to experience an unexpected rush of those emotions, isn't it? Leaves me with a strange feeling the next day, like a grief hangover.

I'm glad it was at your group though, and that they didn't push you to talk about it. It must be difficult to explain your story so often, especially already not having a stellar day. Hearing the possibilities of what could happen can be scary, but when that happens I try to remind myself they are only possibilities and that leaves room for the possibility of better things to happen. I sincerely hope you're having a better day today.