2 month

So here I am at the 2 month mark.... Wrote him a love letter and left it on his desk this morning. Things I should have done more of when he was here. Going to dress up and go to one of his favorite restaurants this evening. Try to pretend that he is there with me. Maybe actually eat something. Doing my best to get through the day.

It is so difficult in the first couple of months to wrap our heads around this awful reality.  I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Tomasz.  Nothing is right with your world.  It was sweet that you wrote him a love letter.  In many ways, his essence is still with you, and I can see how you might just want to pretend that he is still here and give your self experiences that bring you back to when he was physically with you.  After my second husband died, I fully immersed myself in his world.  I was even given 6 months access to his private office at the university and I would go there just to be with all things John.

Sometimes, we just need to do what we need to do.  Nobody else needs to understand that, but I imagine that others here get it.

Hugs,

Maureen

Do whatever you need to get through the day. I write my husband many letters as well, and often speak to him. When out, I too like to pretend he's with me and that brings me comfort. I am still not able to wrap my head around this. I am good at putting up an act, but at 6 months 2 days... It  feels like I have turned into an empty shell of what I was......