new year new friends.

imissdow

Last week I had a guy stand me up for a coffee date. He had messaged me on a on-line dating site and we had agreed to meet.  He asked me for a body shot I told him no, there was one on my profile and I didn't have a new one.  He asked for my height and weight and decided I was fat.  So I went into work the next day having gotten over my annoyance and now thinking how funny this experience was. So one of the guys I talk to regularly stopped by my area to say hello.  I related my story to him.  He looked me up and down and replied. "this guy has never seen you, were did you find him?" I told him no and online.  He reply's " I see, why don't you quit this on-line stuff and date me."  I think I gave him the deer in the headlights look and muttered some lame response. We talked about dating for another minute and he walked away only to return a minute later.  He asked if we could be friends and start talking outside of work. We exchanged phone numbers and went back to our assigned tasks.

We have talked every day since. He told me that he asked me out almost 2 years ago and I totally blew him off, and I told him he was to young he's 40 I'm 48.  I don't know were any of this is going.  I do know that I really enjoy talking with him. He's makes me think, doesn't let me steamroll over him , is open and comfortable to talk to and is very thoughtful of my situation and my kids.

He came over this afternoon and had coffee with me before my girls got home from school.  He is the first guy I have met that really felt like all the cylinders were firing.  I have dated a few guys some even lasted a couple of months.  The last was my butcher friend and although he was very comfortable, made me laugh and treated me well he also wasn't looking for a girlfriend.  I'm finally feeling like maybe I won't be alone for the rest of my life.  I don't know were all this is leading but I decided to take a chance and enjoy the ride.