I guess I just graduated to this subgroup...

Brenda

One year down.  Many more to go (hopefully), and surely they can't be worse than the first.

Can't believe how the time has flown and dragged simultaneously.  But glad to have all the "firsts" finally out of the way.

Thanks for the support, everyone at Widda.  It's meant a lot.  Life would have been far worse without this fantastic group of people who reach out and help one another despite being in the same awful situation themselves.

Brenda: You made it through the first of "first"

Never sure how to react to this but we are all still standing so that has to be good

my year one was in October

The only good part was I went to a bago dinner the night before so it gave me a bit of strength

It surprised me, how the actual day ,I couldn't stop the raw tears from coming

you know the ones that are non stoppable no matter where you are

take care 

Congratulations on surviving that first year! I agree with Trying, that reaching the one year milestone does not magically erase all the pain or make things better. What it does do is to help you realize you have made it through the first year after experiencing the worst thing that can possibly happen to anyone. No one can ever take that away from you. From my experience, that knowledge alone can help keep you going, when the difficult days roll in, in the future. From my experience, that knowledge can also help you enjoy the good days that inevitably come along, just a little bit more, too. ((((Hugs))))