Two years sadiversary......

Viva

I finally made it for two years but so what?He has gone for 2 years today and I still miss him a lot. When my friends tried to comfort me by saying ?He is still with us / He hasn?t left/ He is watching over you? but I just don?t feel they are helping at all. My DH had left, I cannot feel him, I cannot touch him, I cannot hug him and I cannot kiss him anymore.

Do they get it?

I feel I am like riding on a roller coaster again......

I had a similar experience with the roller coaster at 2 years just last week.  Fortunately. I've gotten busy over the last two days and I'm back to putting one foot in front of the other all day long.  It seems to keep me from backsliding.  Fortunately, nobody told me he is still with me...because he isn't.

Hugs,

Maureen

I also had a similar experience with my friends trying to comfort me by saying he is still with me. "He is still with you" doesn't help me at all either.  I get what they mean, but "having him in my heart" just isn't enough for me. It will never be.  Hugs to you as you hit the 2 year mark.  Hopefully the grief waves will calm a bit soon, giving you a bit of relief. 

wishing for peace and a calm roller coaster ride (if there is one).  I hope you are able to do something special for you today. 

I hate not feeling my love presents here anymore.  I wish he was here but he is not so I continue missing him everyday.

(((Viva)))

When my friends tried to comfort me by saying ?He is still with us / He hasn?t left/ He is watching over you? but I just don?t feel they are helping at all. My DH had left, I cannot feel him, I cannot touch him, I cannot hug him and I cannot kiss him anymore.

I hate, loathe, and despise when people try this on me. No, he is NOT here. Call me Doubting Thomas, call me hopeless, call me whatever, but as long as I can't see, hear, or touch my Jim, you will not convince me that he is "here" in any meaningful way. I HATE IT.

Please note, this is only MY experience. I have no desire whatsoever to take away anyone else's, and if you can feel your beloved with you, inside you, I am genuinely happy for you. I wish I could experience it as well. Maybe one day... who knows. I'm not an atheist because I'm not arrogant enough to dismiss any possibility completely. As my first archaeology prof used to say, "Nothing is impossible... just very, very unlikely."

I hope I'm not offending anyone-- it's not my intent, which makes me think I should probably just hit delete. Then again, I need to get it out. Viva, you said something I identify with-- if it helps to know you're not alone in your feelings, well, I can assure you that you're not.

Hugs,

Jen