His Birthday

Today is his birthday, second one since his death. It's been a hard day, topping off a hard month. I just passed the 20-month mark a week and a half ago. That occurred the day after my father's funeral- at least my father got a long life, but still, visiting him in his final hours was SO triggering. (That my mom is acting openly relieved at his passing doesn't help, but I'm trying hard  not to condemn that as the circumstances between my loss and hers are polar opposites.)

Ya think you've survived Christmas & New Year's and then it's time at last to unwind, but no....

I've also lost an uncle and my two favorite aunts since LH died. That my oldest sister is on palliative care for incurable cancer further complicates emotions for both me and her/her DH/the whole extended family. Other junk, relating to raising teens/young adults, also heaps crap on the manure pile.

I'm so tired. Feeling completely wrung out and needed to write it out to help process it all. :'(

I'm sorry, that is a lot. I hope that they are able to keep your sister comfortable.  Today, 1/28, would have been my husband 's  41st birthday. Our second apart. He died one week after his birthday, so that day is looming.

(((((HUGS)))))

Dh's birthday and death day are three days apart, in April-- that's coming fast. This Tues will be what should have been out 6th wedding anniversary-- the second without him. I don't want to do this anymore. I have moments of okay-ness, and stretches of definitely-not-okay that make those okay moments all but irrelevant.

I'm so sorry.

No wonder you are exhausted.

My dh's birthday would've been today, second without him here too. Birthdays were one of the things we really went all out for, so it's been a bit of a hard day. Tomorrow also marks the anniversary of when we first started seeing each other, I used to joke that I was his best belated birthday gift ever,lol.

I realize I'm a little late, but I hope things are easing up for you now!

Hugs