I need to whine...

rifatheroffour

First let me say, I know there are others that are worse off than I am...but I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and nothing going quite like I planned...

Friday morning...Trying to make a short day at work because I'm going camping with the scouts this weekend, which I normally find refreshing.

1) son #2, now not going camping - homework and no one his age group is going

2) No hot water at home - furnace crapped out needs to be replaced...tomorrow

3) project at work went wrong on me again, I eventually got it running but can't seem to figure out what I did right to duplicate it, I'm frustrated

4) Bird flew into the building via the dishwasher vent and is now caught above in the ceiling space.  so no harm but can't seem to trap him yet

5) I will come home at night instead of camping out so DD is not alone, she will be out late each night with friends anyway and her brother will be home during the day

6) yes son #2 will be home but he is only 17 and has a GF

7) I'm tired, would like a shower, I know, if I were camping overnight I wouldn't get one anyway but knowing I CAN"T is very different

8) My mother was going to stay at the house to be there for the kids so I could camp but no hot water and my father is driving to Baltimore to go to my brothers, longer story, He is working today and tired as well most likely so I don't want him to drive alone, hence no mother at home to watch the kids.

Ok pity party time over. Time to go back to work...

Feel free to whine as well no matter how petty it may seem.  Oddly, typing it all out makes me realize how silly some of it really is...thanks

Well, RIFF, one or two of those things may seem silly to you now on its own, but it is the aggregate that becomes so frustrating and tiring. And that is on top of already being tired from doing it all for so long now. So, the "whining" is well-deserved and understood. Sometimes not having that partner to carry some of the burden is just too much.

We had a bird in our house once. It came in with a Christmas tree we had sitting out on the porch for few hours before we brought it in to put it up. It was a nightmare to get it out. It kept flying into windows, mirrors, etc. It is humorous now to look back on, but it wasn't at the time.

I hope the time you get to spend outdoors with your scouts will give you a little refreshment and that your load lightens up a little for you.

Hugs...

Yes the bird eventually got out...alive and well.  New furnace is running and I enjoyed a hot shower sunday morning after my in and out camping weekend.

So all in all I survived now bring on the week starting with cold wet weather that makes me want to stay in bed...lol

Thanks for all the support.