0.T. Letchworth State Park NY

Sugarbell

The past 2 summers...I have gotten the best vacation advice on here... (our PA trip/Hershey and going to Finger Lakes Region last summer)... I am looking to take a few days this summer and check out Letchworth State Park with the kids. I am looking at various lodging..cabin at the park, hotels, B and Bs close by. We aren't going to camp...but could stay in a rustic type cabin at campground. This park looks amazing!

I would ask people around here...but everyone here vacations in the South....and I find myself drawn to the North....figured their are enough Northern widdas on here that someone would have tips, experience, etc.

I'm biased but do it.  The cabins are great.  Letchworth is one of my favorite places on earth!  I grew up not far from there and camped there most summers.  Some of my longest lasting friendships are people I met as a result of our families vacationing the same weeks each year.  There is still a core group of about 5 families that camp at the same time each year. My sister & her family are part of it and I try to get up there when I can.  It is so fun seeing the next generation enjoy it like we did.

If you camp there Stony Brook State Park is close and worth the day trip.  No extra entrance fees to visit other NYS parks if you are camping at one.

I booked an inexpensive "tiny house" in a community on Faun Lake..right outside of the park. We are going to spend 3 days exploring the parks...this community has paddle boats and a heated pool...and has an indoor bathroom, AC, hot water. It was actually cheaper than the rustic cabins in Letchworth.

On the way home...I am looking at stopping at an amusement park...Last year we stopped at Seabreeze on our way home from the Finger Lakes...I am thinking about Darien Lake this year. They have "glamping" packages starting at 125 a night...and it includes 4 free park admission tickets (which those are 30-40 a piece).. so essentially staying free.

I love the state of New York...I had no idea how absolutely beautiful it was.

Just saw this seabreeze is still open? I remember going as a kid. Grew up in upstate New York . Might want to check out Watkins Glen has lots of hiking and waterfalls. I'm going to try to plan a trip this summer. As a kid I really didn't appreciate how beautiful the area was. I love I now.

Yes it is! It was fun. We did Watkins Glen, Buttermilk Falls and Itthaca last summer-and Niagara

Want to try out Letchworth this summer and thought I could throw a day in at Darien lake amusement. I love the western side of NY. Our past 3 vacations have been north...I prefer it.

The kids at hitting me up for beach next summer in the Carolinas: But I would rather not but will for them

I want to spend a week in Northern NY in the mts. That's 4 hours north of where we will be...but definitely worth a trip sometime.

I noticed on the vacation rentals...July/August are the most booked. Not June (we are going last week in June). Probably because it's cooler. but I love the lower humidity...Southeast humidity in the summer is just intolerable for me the older I get.😳