Wahhmbulance

I am so pissed off today. While my marriage to my late husband was not perfect, I will say that we got along perfectly. In our 20 years together, we never fought, and we always respected each other. I am not being delusional. Our friends marveled at that fact.

Now I am in my 40s, widowed. I am in a relationship with a man I do truly love, but I am dealing with so much more drama than I am used to. I hate drama! I don't argue; I talk things out. Conflict, however, comes easily to NG. We get into some kind of disagreement at least once a month. We always work it out, but in the thick of it, I feel awful.

Why did my husband have to die? I know I can't I go back to my boring life where my biggest squabble was who has to go to the kids' soccer games, but I wish I could. Sometimes I thrive in it, and sometimes I hate this new reality.

your subject line caught my attention

Whenever I went on complaining about something mydon would say "time to call the wahhmbulance:)"

Like you with your husband we just got each other and very rarely fought

Just got sarcastic Jabs that only we could get away with

just wishing they were back ...

good luck with the new guy and bits of drama

DH and I got along really well together too, and Widower BabyDaddy and I do not.  It's taken a couple years and great effort on both our parts to decrease the level and frequency of our conflict.  I have no wisdom or advice, or at least not at this moment, but I do have lots of sympathy.  It is hard.  I hope it gets easier for you two, and continues to for me.  xo

Thank you, Mizpah. It means a lot that someone else can relate. To be honest, I am not sure if I am simply pining for the past or if the problems my current partner manifests are simply not for me. Or both. But that's something I have to figure out.