Update on move

Sugarbell

We got moved in...I closed on the Stepford house 2 weeks ago...paid new house off. My oldest has adjusted to living with all of us again...the house is a little smaller but more functional. Boys love having their own bedroom. We had a deck built onto the house.

Living in the neighborhood is definitely living in a glass fish bowl. But I knew it would be..and it's still an adjustment. My neighbors all know my folks...the old ones anyway. Younger families (20s and 30s) are also up here. It's close to schools/town. We have gone to my folks church (not really my thing but it's good for my kids).. Lots of kids, activities..everyone is welcoming. I couldn't move back here until I was really healed and comfortable in my own skin again that took years.

Nothing Stepfordlike about this place-it's a pretty colorful combo of just about everything. Been working on getting a permanent sub job with the county. It's so much easier here because I know the powers that be and can get through the red tape easier. Got daughter enrolled in my old dance school. Boys still doing summer ball/golf.

Guy friend has fizzled...we talk on occasion no hard feelings...but he doesn't fit with life here. It's just not in the cards. Being single doesn't bother me at all...it's really less complicated. Don't see myself dating again for a while. We need to get established here first.

It's a relief to be outta Stepford...and while I do miss my old neighborhood....I don't miss the other yucky stuff. It was truly a different culture up there and it was only an hour away. We haven't taken any weekend mountain trips ....but money/time/responsibilities haven't allowed it. Plus I don't feel as much of an urge to hit the road...because I am not around pretentious folks much here. Playboy neighbor turned 60 last week...and has a 58 year old serious girlfriend.😁. I think his playboy ways have fallen to the wayside with age. lol.

That's about it....Onward to new things...And my gut has never waivered that this is the best place for my kids. They have people looking out for them here..

Still want to retire deep in the mountains someday...But for this season of our lives this is the right place.

Sounds like you are in the right place for where you and your kids are right now.  No doubt it will be an adjustment,  hopefully the transition will be a smooth one and you'll look back in a few months realizing that it's getting easier.

I can relate as I also feel like I'm in a place right now where I need to be, not necessarily where I want to be.  Once my kids are out and on their own, no telling where I'll end up. 

Big kudos to you for making the move, and it's great that you're in and getting settled!