New to this site

Hi there,

A friend sent me this link - I lost my husband suddenly about 2 1/2 months ago at the young age of 45.  I think the one thing that bothers me the most is the unpredictability of emotions.  Sitting in line at a grocery store and hearing a song that reminds me of him and then crying my eyes out in line.  I feel like it gets harder and harder each day but I'm trying to stay positive and hang on to the many wonderful things he gave me in life. 

Hello there, When I look to the Sky,

Welcome to the club that nobody wants join. My husband died at the age of 50. Come here often, read, post and you will find others on your timeline who will become some of your closer connections, others further along your inspiration, and hopefully, you will see that you are not alone and that others here know something of what you are going through.

Peace,

Hachi

In the early days, weeks and months unpredictable emotions are the only predictable thing.  I'm so sorry you have the need to join us but I'm glad you found us.  You are not alone and no matter what comes up you will find someone here who understands. Sending you tight hugs.

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and you having a reason to find us. I hope in doing so, you will find the understanding support and kindness I have found from this caring group of people. The uncontrollable emotions are hard to deal with, but completely normal, unfortunately. Many members here have shared the experience of breaking into tears in the grocery store. It seems to be a common trigger. I know I have done it myself on several occasions.

Sending you hugs of support...

So sorry you have a need to join us, but glad you found us.  Like many others have said, this community was and continues to be tremendously helpful to me as I have journeyed through this loss.

Ugh...I hated going to the grocery store.  I would almost run from item to item to get out as quick as possible.  I have found that while those moments still come, they come less often now. 

Sending you a hug.

Kate

So sorry you had to join us here but glad you found it.

The grocery store was a huge trigger for me. Occasionally- 4 1/2 years later - it still is. I avoid the cereal aisle because he was a huge cereal eater. I never was. Now when DD wants cereal, I try to avoid seeing any but the kind she likes. DH loved Crispix - I get teary over damn Crispix boxes.

Please be kind to yourself. Try to eat healthy foods, drink lots of water, and breathe!! Always breathe. It is not a linear journey, there are no right or wrong steps.

But you can work your way to a new normal - even though it seems impossible now, you can and will.

I'm so sorry. So very sorry. My husband died unexpectedly at the age of 43, 3.5 years ago. I remember being in a grocery store, my heart racing, and wanting to escape because I saw his favourite food and I went to grab it to buy it for him as a treat.. and then I remembered...

It is a rollercoaster. You think you are coping, and then you smell something, see something, hear something.... and you can't breathe.

It is too early for you to believe this right now, perhaps, but we survive. It gets better. One step, one breath at a time.