Left out of "family picture"

markb74

... little irked about this... and facebook is the devil...

My father has 2 sisters, lets call them s1 and s2. When my dads mother was sick and living with s1 many years ago s1 put me through a guilt trip on why I never came to see my dads mom. So my grandmothers next birthday I said happy birthday, but s1 said this, and I'm pissed.

years pass, both my grandparents pass and I haven't had any contact with that side of the family, my cousins or anything. the last 4 years my dad has been "re-kindling" with his estranged s1 and s2 with his health issues and stuff... s2 stayed out of the issue with s1 and me/sister  but she of course sided with s1 and only knew s1's side of the story...

over a year ago I got a FB request from s1 and s2, probably due to my dad telling s1/2 about my son, and this pic or that and they wanted to see the pics. All this time not a peep from them, so I don't peep them... today I check and I see s1 and s2 posted about how they had a lovely family picture day... my dad, his wife, my half brother (who is 25 and lives at home still, fucking loser, probably plays that fucking finding pokemon game I bet versus finding a fucking apartment to live in), and s1 and s2 their husbands, and their kids, and their grand children...

I was so furious... this was a "family picture day" I did not get an invite, my sister did not get an invite, and my full brother did not get an invite.

so, I went on a Fuck-it spree. I'm not part of your family, fuck you then. unfriended s1, s2, half-brother, and dads wife and blocked them as well. fuck them. fuck them in their smelly asses. I did a few family things (brunch or some shit) and they didn't say a fucking word even before the facebook "want to be your facebook friend just to see pics and spy, not cause we give a fuck" request.

and my dad wants to have his cake and eat it too by having a second family picture day with me/sis/full-bro and him his wife and half-bro and all our kids and shit... I am probably being selfish over this, but he could have said, can I have MY kids here so we all have pics with all the cousins and their family together...

fuck family. my trust circle is turning into a wet shirt that went into a drier.... its gonna come out much smaller than it went in...

I didn't make a big stink about it on fuckbook, but if his wife asks me why she cant look up my pics or my profile, i'll call them out on it.

does it bother me? yes and no. I'm not in any of their lives, and they aren't really in mine. nothing lost really. my DW's family shows more interest in how I've been than my dads side of the family... MY own aunts. fuck them.

FB is the devil, we would all be blissfully ignorant of half of the things we are left out of without it.  I'm sorry your family has left you out and didn't even have the good taste to hide it.  It's ok if your circle gets smaller, as long as it is tighter.

I totally agree with Trying FB is the devil. 

I am so sorry markb74 that your family has done this to you.  I kind of have the same problem with my family and the deep anger I had inside me because of it, totally drained me and caused me so much stress.  My only advise is this, but an effort into yourself.  For me it was a combo of therapy, exercise and mediation and a bunch of other stuff thrown in there.  It is their problem not yours.  I hope I am making some sense. 

Also venting in a safe environment also helps.  Big hugs to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry you are going through this but I am definitely adopting the term, "fuck it spree."

ME TOO!!! GENIUS!!

I'm sorry that family sucks...I have some as well that are assholes. But once you finish that "fuck it spree" (I LOVE IT) your heart gets much lighter. Cut them off...and suddenly; they are INCAPABLE of causing you any more pain. Best wishes.

I agree with Rayspumpkin,  I've cut off all of my toxic family members (mostly my own sister and brother) and definitely went on a fuck it spree.  It was very liberating.  Even my kids are happier not having to deal with them. 

I've learned to cut off ties with toxic family as well--  being family gives them a bit more leeway, but there reaches a point where the antics just drain you too much.  And frankly, widows/widowers don't have a lot of Fs left to give.