School forms...

SoVerySad

It is that time of year again. Time to fill out school forms. This is my 4th year filling them out since my husband died. I decided this year to just leave the father's information section blank. Seemed to make sense after this much time. Right before I gave the forms to my daughter to take in, I added his name and (deceased). I know it shouldn't matter to me what others think, but I can't bear the thought of someone thinking her father isn't involved in her life by his choice. He loved being a dad so much. I can't believe those forms still have the ability to make my heart hurt so deeply.

At almost 9 years...I always put their Dads name with deceased beside it. If I was remarried...I would still do it then list StepDada name and info.

I will do it till they graduate. Do whatever is comfortable to you. I just never wanted any preconceived notions about my kids.

I don't write his name, just Deceased. Year 2 on one firm I left it blank and they sent it back to me to be filled in. I filled deceased on an activity firm once and it was sent back for lack of parent two phone number?? I am really hoping that person just didn't read the form.....

• 2 weeks later...

I removed my husband and all of his information off all of the forms for the current school year. I didn't want any new teachers who didn't know us trying to email or call his cell phone. We do online registration so I had to highlight and delete the information. I hated it. It's like erasing the fact that he existed, you know?