thank you Google

donswife

I bow to Google , without it my home repairs would cost me a fortune

just this week I repaired my dryer and unclogged a toilet

plus killed a wasps nest all thanks to Goggle

Not going to lie, everyone one of these projects came with tears and swears

I do know that myDon would be proud

but I hate the fact that I have to do this alone

anyone else able to tackle projects like this that you never thought you could do ?

I so can relate!

The best site for widows is RepairClinic! I have changed the gasket around the door of my fridge, little handle that clicks it shut broke off. There is nothing more simple than to  put in the model of your appliance and there it comes- a picture of a part needed and a video how to replace this part. Magic! I know that my husband is smiling when I

write this. On so many occasions he would try to show me how to open the hood of a car and check the oil. I always had the same reply- I saw no value in spending time learning it- I was never going to open a hood of a car, well...until now, of cause, when I ran out of the windshield washer fluid and had to read through the hefty owner's manual, but I figured it out.

And Youtube! I have changed the capacitor on my air-conditioning unit, yep, I did it. Trick was not to get electrocuted, but obviously I made it! I was laughing through tears that I even had to know what capacitor is...

I thought I was being handy when I replaced the three prong cord on my dryer with a four prong cord to so it would fit into the electrical outlet of our new house. Of course, I forgot to check the polarity and fried the entire terminal block... :o

But guess what? You can find a video on how to replace the terminal block online as well! So I did! I didn't have a dryer for two days while I waited for the new terminal block, but I fixed it and didn't need to pay someone $150+...and I didn't need to admit to being the one that fried it in the first place...lol.

With you DonsWife.  I am still spending a fortune on things that are truly beyond my reach and motivation, but...grouting and staining here.  It took a couple of years of inaction on what would have been "his" tasks though.  But they're done.  Thanks Google.

I also endorse and thank youtube for all the cooking recipes. Bought a pressure cooker for the first time last week after my golfing buddy happened to mention he'd bought one - and I'm questioning how we survived all this time without one!

Having a drink in the clubhouse on Sunday and another mate pipes up that he'd just bought a pressure cooker for his wife and we all cracked up laughing.

We now have 3 guys comparing pressure cooker recipes while discussing our golf scores

Donswife and others, congrats on tackling these new challenges that none of us ever wanted. We've all had to unfortunately learn new things and we have succeeded (with only a few minor injuries and tears), so pat yourselves on the back. I can't imagine what wids did years ago when they didn't have access to google and youtube. I know they had encyclopedias and "handyman" books, but some of the stupid things I've had to google due to wid-brain, I'd never admit!