College News

trying2breathe

I'm teary eyed, my son is nervously waiting for college news this week and the next and together we will make decisions soon on where he will attend college.  My husband would have loved to go through this - some how, some way,  I know what DH's thoughts would be and I'm sharing them with my son. 

This fall we will pack a U-haul and drive to wherever he needs to be.  DH should be with us ..... 

When my son opened the first acceptance letter, I completely broke down.  He thought I was sad that he would be leaving.  I assured him that I was so happy for him, but damn it, his dad was suppose to be here for this.  He would have been ecstatic!  I sobbed for 10 minutes.  I felt terrible, but I couldn't help it.  It's so unfair.

It is exciting having your child get accepted into a college of their choice!  It's very hard dropping them off and knowing you are a one parent family.    But I found the hardest part is when something goes wrong (i.e., their car breaks down or they are very sick and have to go to the hospital.)  Just know you can handle it! 

It is so unfair, isn't it?  DH was so excited about the college process, I feel like second best trying to manage this. 

Has your son decided?  I think it will be extra hard to drop them off in the fall.

We will now begin the re-visit phase where he will go back with the mindset that he needs to live here, not just tour here.  The furthest is only 3+ hours away.  That is obviously my least favorite, but has the best program for his major.  We will see.  I constantly am calling upon his father and the holy spirit to guide us.

Any news on his letters?  Keep us posted!

TOTALLY RANDOM SIDE NOTE:  when I click on your screen name it brings up Justin (missing Marsha the admin??)  any idea why?