2 months this week- depression starting to set in

I have been really struggling this week with complete hopelessness. I had been doing so good with the whole I'm going to honor Clifford by living my life attitude, but I'm starting to completely lose that this week. I can feel depression trying to set in. I can't focus at work. I'm having more breakdowns there than I have had while working. I just feel utterly hopeless and can't see the light in anything. I'm trying to force myself to do things so I don't give in and I don't lose my job... But I'm afraid I'm able to lose it. How do I get my focus back?

This is normal. It's common for feelings and attitudes to ebb and flow.....and my bet is that as a natural part of that process you will ebb and flow right back out of the depression. But you might return. Nine of this is predictable except that it is not predictable. I hope this dip eases for you soon, but I know it's hard.

I wish I had some words of wisdom but the only thing I can tell you is that you're not alone and what you're feeling seems completely normal. My husband died just a little over three months ago and I'm struggling with that hopeless feeling myself. I've seen a few glimmers of light here and there but overall I've been in a dark place for 13 weeks.

Sometimes you have to just ride it out. You just lost your husband, you are allowed to be sad. Cry when you need to and get it all out (maybe not at your desk but you know what I mean.) I usually feel better after I allow myself to lose it and I'm able to get back to doing what needs to be done.

I will say also that these feelings are to be expected, I hate to say "normal" because I know that none of this feels normal.  Be gentle with yourself, there are times you will have to tell yourself to suck it up and put the mask on but there are also times you need to give yourself permission to fall apart.  One breath at a time until it eases.

How to get focus back? That is hard. It's different for everyone. You definitely need to cut yourself slack. Give yourself small daily goals. Hopefully it'll give you small boosts of encouragement. Take as much time as you need. For me, I find peace sitting with my kids and my hobbies. Work is just a daily distraction. But at home, I will sit there mindlessly crocheting and watching bad TV. The multitasking helps me clear my mind so the sadness doesn't take over - also tires me out so I can sleep better. So try to find something that makes sense to you and helps you find a sense of quiet peace maybe? Hugs - it's all so very hard for all of us.